CoDA Recovery Program
I can expect a miraculous change in my life by working the program of Co-Dependents Anonymous. As I make an honest effort to work the Twelve Steps and follow the Twelve Traditions…
- I know a new sense of belonging. The feeling of emptiness and loneliness will disappear.
- I am no longer controlled by my fears. I overcome my fears and act with courage, integrity and dignity.
- I know a new freedom.
- I release myself from worry, guilt, and regret about my past and present. I am aware enough not to repeat it.
- I know a new love and acceptance of myself and others. I feel genuinely lovable, loving and loved.
- I learn to see myself as equal to others. My new and renewed relationships are all with equal partners.
- I am capable of developing and maintaining healthy and loving relationships. The need to control and manipulate others will disappear as I learn to trust those who are trustworthy.
- I learn that it is possible to mend – to become more loving, intimate and supportive. I have the choice of communicating with my family in a way which is safe for me and respectful of them.
- I acknowledge that I am a unique and precious creation.
- I no longer need to rely solely on others to provide my sense of worth.
- I trust the guidance I receive from my higher power and come to believe in my own capabilities.
- I gradually experience serenity, strength, and spiritual growth in my daily life.
The Twelve Promises may not be reprinted or republished without the express written consent of Co-Dependents Anonymous, Inc. This document may be reprinted from the website www.coda.org (CoDA) for use by members of the CoDA Fellowship.
Copyright © 2010 Co-Dependents Anonymous, Inc. and its licensors -All Rights Reserved.